Candy Crush Saga All Stars Tournament Terms and Conditions (September 2021)
These Candy Crush Saga (“CCS”) All Stars Tournament (“Tournament”) Terms & Conditions, including any updates, amendments or supplements thereto (“All Stars Rules”) codify the rules and standards of conduct that will apply as a condition to participate in the Tournament in CCS. These All Stars Rules apply to all players that enter, participate in any round or stage in the Tournament (“Participants”). The Tournament consists of an event in the United States of America (“Event”). Please refer to section 5 for full details of the format of the events.
- These All Stars Rules represent a legal agreement between King.com Ltd, a company registered in Malta whose address is Aragon Business Centre, Level 4, Dragonara Road, St Julians STJ3140, Malta, and its affiliates (collectively, “King”) (also referred to in these All Stars Rules as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) and each Participant (also referred to in these All Stars Rules as ‘you’).
- These All Stars Rules establish the general rules of online Tournament play and Tournament activities, including rules governing player eligibility, Tournament structure, prize awards, and player conduct.
- Each Participant is required to read, understand, and agree to these All Stars Rules before participating in the Tournament.
ACCEPTANCE OF ALL STARS RULES.
- Acceptance: Each Participant must agree to these All Stars Rules to participate in the Tournament. Players may accept these All Stars Rules by entering or participating in any round or stage of the Tournament.
- Changes to and Enforcement of these All Stars Rules: Accordingly, in its sole discretion, King (a) may update, amend or supplement these All Stars Rules from time to time; and (b) may interpret or apply these All Stars Rules by releasing bulletins, notices, in-game message, community posts, explanatory videos, online postings, e-mail and/or other electronic communications that provide instructions and guidance to Participants. Any material changes to these All Stars Rules will be provided to the Participants prior to the next stage of the Tournament in which the changed rules will apply. Participation in a stage of the Tournament will constitute acceptance of the changed rules.
Eligibility: To be able to compete as a Participant in the Tournament you must:
- be on or above Level 25 in Candy Crush Saga;
- be over the age of eighteen (18) prior to participating in the Tournament;
- Understand, read, and speak English;
- Reside and compete in the 50 States of the United Statesof America;
- not be a director, officer, or employee of King, relative of a King employee, or any entity which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with King unless King has been notified of and has expressly authorized such relationship in writing;
- hold a current and valid identity document, including but not limited to valid passport, driver’s license, national identity card or any necessary visa or other governmental authorization required for your participation in the Tournament; and
- ensure that your participation in the Tournament is compliant with all applicable laws, and represent and warrant that you will take all steps necessary to ensure such compliance. King does not take responsibility for your compliance with local laws and visa requirements.
King shall have, in its sole and absolute discretion the right to:
- update and amend the eligibility criteria listed in section 3.1 from time to time; and
- determine the eligibility of any and all Participants and pre-vet the Participants based on the criteria listed in section 3.1.
- Participants acknowledge that their eligibility status for participation in the Tournament as detailed in section 3.2.1 may change from time to time.
- Participants will be required to complete an in-game contact form providing contact details (first name, last name, phone number, email address, address and device preference), answer supplementary questions in relation to the Final and confirm they are eligible to take part in the Final in accordance with the eligibility criteria outlined in section 3.1. Participants have from the close of the Quarter Final (see more details on timings at section 5.5.5) till 16/10/21 20:00 EDT to complete the in-game contact form. Participants must complete this in-game contact form in order to take part in the Final.
- King shall have, in its sole and absolute discretion the right to:
- Participant names: Participants must use an acceptable name in the Tournament. King reserves the right to revoke the eligibility of any Participant whose Player Account username or Facebook username is offensive, toxic, incorporates any King or third party intellectual property, including any commercial brand and product names, celebrity names, or is deemed to be inappropriate or unacceptable as determined by King in its sole discretion.
- Eligibility: To be able to compete as a Participant in the Tournament you must:
- Operating Systems and Devices: Mobile handset devices running at minimum: iOS 9.0; Android 4.4 or higher; Amazon 4.0.3, UWP version Windows 10 v. 14393.0. Participants competing in the Final may be provided mobile handset devices.
- Mobile App Requirement: 1.210.
- Game: The featured title for the Tournament will be Candy Crush Saga. Players must be on or above Level 25 to access the Tournament.
- Platforms: Mobile (App Store, Google Play), Facebook, Amazon, Windows, and as updated by King from time to time.
- Equipment: Participants must compete on an eligible handset and may not use third party software or an external device or attachment of any kind that modifies gameplay of the Tournament without the express consent of King. Participants may not compete using any desktop emulator.
- Costs: Participants do not have to pay to enter the Tournament. No In-app purchases are required or necessary to take part in the Tournament. Participants are responsible for any phone or internet charges that you may incur in entering the Tournament. If you are unsure about these charges you should contact your phone or internet operator before entering.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT, POINTS, STRUCTURE
- The Tournament will compromise of the following stages: (i) Qualifiers (“Stage 1); (ii) Wild Card 1 Round 1 (“Stage 2”); (iii) Wild Card 1 Round 2 (“Stage 3”); (iv) Quarter Finals (“Stage 4”); (v) Wild Card 2 Round 1 (“Stage 5”); (vi) Wild Card 2 Round 2 (“Stage 6”); (vii) Semi Final Round 1 (“Stage 7”); and (viii) Semi Final Round 2 (“Stage 8”), (each referred to as a “Stage” of the Tournament).
- Points: Participants will be tasked with collecting orange All Stars candies in any given Stage in the Tournament.
- Stats: Participants’ collected orange All Stars candies score will be displayed in CCS in a Tournament leaderboard of up to 99 other Participants during Stages 1 - 8 (“Tournament Leaderboard”).
- Win Conditions: Subject to King’s sole and absolute discretion, the final score on the Tournament Leaderboard at the close of each Stage will determine which Participants shall pass to the next Stage of the Tournament. King reserves the right to choose additional Participants to take part in the next Stage of the Tournament, including but not limited to if Participants are unavailable for participation in the Tournament, more Participants are needed to take part in any given Stage, or a Participant does not meet the criteria as outlined in section 3.2.1.
- Mini-Qualifier: Participants must complete the mini qualifier challenge in order to take part in the Qualifiers.
- Participants are tasked with collecting the orange All Stars candy in CCS for the Qualifiers. Participants need to reach top 3 in the Tournament Leaderboard in the Qualifiers to pass to Stage 2 of the Tournament.
- There will be 5 Qualifier Rounds, each round will last 3 days. Participants only need to qualify in one of the Qualifier Rounds, to pass to Stage 2.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 09/23/2021 and 10/07/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Wild Card Round 1 to reach Wild Card Round 2.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/08/2021 and 10/09/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Wild Card Round 2 to pass to the Quarter Final.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/10/2021 and 10/11/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Quarter Final Round to reach Semi Final 1.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/12/2021 and 10/16/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Wild Card Round 1 to reach Wild Card Round 2.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/17/2021 and 10/18/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Wild Card Round 2 to reach Semi Final 1.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/19/2021 and 10/20/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Semi Final 1 to reach Semi Final 2.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/21/2021 and 10/22/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Collect the designated orange All Stars candy and finish first place in a Tournament Leaderboard in Semi Final 2 to qualify for the final.
- Event Timings: Qualifiers are scheduled to take place between 10/23/2021 and 10/24/2021 08:00 - 20:00 EDT.
- Finalists will compete in the virtual Final. The Final will comprise of a number of rounds, being:
- Intro Rounds: Complete set CCS levels, (collectively referred to as a “Round”). Participants shall be provided the specific details on the number of Rounds at a later date; and
- Final Round: Finalists will compete 1 CCS level
- Timings: Final is scheduled to take place on 10/28/2021. Full schedule and timings of the Final shall be provided to Participants prior to the Final. The Final shall be streamed on social channels (e.g. YouTube), including King owned and operated channels on 11/11/2021.
- Requirements: Finalists will be required to sign Non-disclosure agreements (“NDAs”) before taking part in the Final. NDAs will be provided to these finalists at a later date.
- In each Round, a Participant must attempt to complete the set level of CCS. Participants shall win a Round based on their total orange All Stars candies collected.
- Point distribution for each Round is as follows: Participants shall be awarded points based on: (i) their total orange All Stars candies collected; (ii) completing the Round the quickest.
- King shall provide Participants with all requisite and necessary details outlined in section 5.5.13 prior to the start of Stage 9.
- Participants who obtained the highest scores in previous Rounds will compete in the Finale Round.
- Point distribution for the Finale Round is the same for previous Rounds (as outlined in section 5.5.13).
- Participant with the highest points will win the Tournament.
- In the event of tied scores at any stage, the winner will be the first Participant to have achieved that score.
Stage 1 - Qualifiers:
Stage 2 - Wild Card 1 Round 1:
Stage 3 - Wild Card 1 Round 2:
Stage 4 - Quarter Final Round:
Stage 5 - Wild Card 2 Round 1:
Stage 6 - Wild Card 2 Round 2:
Stage 7 - Semi Final 1:
Stage 8 - Semi Final 2:
Stage 9 - Final:
Distribution of Prizes: Subject to Participants compliance with these All Stars Rules, a potential winner of the Tournament (the “Potential Winner”) shall be awarded the following:
- A year of in-game Gold Bars in CCS (50 gold bars per month);
- Crowned a Candy Crush All Star (collectively referred to as the “Prizes”).
- King may award runner up prizes to the remaining finalists.
Requirements to collect the Prizes: The Potential Winner of the Tournament agrees that:
- only one award of Prizes shall be provided;
- the Prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for any other prize;
- it shall assume all liability for the use of the Prizes;
- Prizes do not include any other expenses or costs not specifically mentioned in these All Star Rules, including (but not limited to) any delivery costs, internet, in-game purchases other than set out above. You are responsible for any taxes, duties, import or other charges and costs which may be payable in respect of the Prize;
- in the case of unavailability of the Prizes, King reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- King will endeavour to send the Prizes as soon as is practicable.
- Participants will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release as a condition of claiming their prize.
- Distribution of Prizes: Subject to Participants compliance with these All Stars Rules, a potential winner of the Tournament (the “Potential Winner”) shall be awarded the following:
- Investigation of and Right to Monitor Compliance: To preserve the integrity of the Tournament, King will have the right to monitor compliance with these All Stars Rules and investigate possible breaches of these All Stars Rules. Participants agree to cooperate with King in any such investigation. The failure by a Participant to cooperate with King is itself a violation of these All Stars Rules.
- Subjection to Penalty: Any violation of the All Stars Rules may subject a Participant to discipline, including, but not limited to Tournament round/stage forfeitures, Prizes forfeitures, fines, disqualification/removal from the Tournament and legal claims. The nature and extent of penalties imposed will be determined by King in its sole discretion. All decisions of King regarding violations of All Stars Rules or other issues regarding the Tournament, are final.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
- By agreeing to these All Stars Rules and participating in the Tournament, each Participant hereby grants to King and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid-up, worldwide, right and license (with the right to grant sublicenses) to copy, display, promote, distribute, edit, publish, host, store and otherwise use the Participant’s name, logos, trade or service marks, copyrighted material, Player Account username, Facebook username, initials, likeness, image, photograph, animation, avatar, autograph, voice, video or film portrayal, public persona, game play data and statistics, and any material from the Tournament or streams of any video game, including video and audio material in which the Participant participates (“Participant Materials”), and create derivative works thereof, in any and all present and future media whether now known or hereafter created, on any and all platforms and via any method of delivery, on or in connection with, but not limited, to the following: (a) any Tournament event (whether in full or in part and whether on a live or delayed basis and all or any part of such event) and the broadcast, streaming, webcast or other distribution of any audio visual, visual and/or audio coverage of any of the foregoing; (b) the marketing and promotion of the Tournament and CCS and the Candy Crush Franchise in general; (c) King’s websites and applications, together with those of its permitted streaming and broadcast partners; (d) across all channels or networks via organic and/or paid activity including, but not limited to, King owned and operated channels, social media accounts, and other third-party channels; (e) print and online advertising and content, including outdoor and indoor billboards, posters, signs and displays, television; and (f) any other advertising or promotional materials developed by or for King (or its sublicensees) from time to time (the foregoing, the “Advertising and Commercial Materials”).
- By agreeing to these All Stars Rules, each Participant hereby waives, and agrees not to assert, any: (a) rights of prior review and/or approval of any of the Advertising and Commercial Materials; and (b) moral or other equivalent rights (if any) to which he/she is or may become entitled under applicable law in relation to the Advertising and Commercial Materials, or to his/her participation in the Tournament or King events. Nothing in these All Stars Rules requires King to make use of any of the rights or licenses granted herein.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND GENERAL RELEASE
- As a condition of participating in the Tournament and to the greatest extent permitted by the applicable laws and regulations, each Participant agrees to release and hold harmless King and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and other representatives (the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in the Tournament or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. In no event shall Participants have, and Participants hereby irrevocably waive, any right to sue the Released Parties or to seek or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with the Tournament or the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation, or the advertising, promoting or publicizing of the Tournament.
- If a provision of these All Stars Rules is or becomes illegal, invalid, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction that shall not affect the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of these All Stars Rules or the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of any other provision of these All Stars Rules.
- These All Stars Rules shall be governed by the laws of England. Any additional rights which you may have as a consumer remain unaffected by these terms. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this competition will be adjudicated in the courts of England.